Hard Copy Book Sold Out
Thank you to our supporters who have already purchased this book. The response has been amazing to the extent that the supplies of the hard copy have been exhausted. Accordingly, online sales have now been withdrawn. The digital copy is still available for purchase at a reduced price of $33. Should you be interested to purchase this version please read the script below and click the “Purchase Now” button at the end and follow the prompts. Thank you.
This comprehensive book highlights the features of beautiful Lake Macquarie and its adjacent coastline. The ultimate reference guide, with a substantial collection of rich images, is a must-have for mariners, residents and visitors.
Never before has one publication combined all the pertinent information together, presented in a hard cover ‘coffee table” style A4 sized book in full colour. It is also available in a digital format.
- Introduction – a complete account of practical information needed for users of Lake Macquarie, including important safety advice.
- What to do in Lake Macquarie – highlighting many features and attractions around the Lake Macquarie region, with insight on twenty specific locations and their history, how to get there, hazards when approaching, points of interest when arriving, mooring information, wind protection, what to do when you reach your destination as well as highlighting local food, entertainment and accommodation options.
- Information for mariners – what you need to know about boat ramps, jetties, potable water, food sources, etc.
- Hazards – all waterways carry risks and the book highlights those to be mindful of, how to avoid them and what to do if help is needed.
- Weather – annual statistics and how to retrieve useful weather forecasts for your planned visit.
All proceeds raised from the sale of this book will help fund Marine Rescue Lake Macquarie operations.